Monday, May 9, 2011

End of the semester

Well, my semester in Prague has unfortunately come to an end :(
Mostly everybody from my program has left and gone back to the states. And it's so weird being here with just 4 other people, after being with 40 others for three months! We had a "final dinner" with all the students and professors this past Friday night, and it was so great. The dinner started off with the fashion studios putting on a show to display our costumes and cocktail dresses. My studio had to put on a small play for everyone, in order to show off our costumes, and it was pretty interesting. We wrote the play two days prior and had one, 5 minute rehearsal. So, needless to say, we weren't very prepared for it. But, it ended up being pretty fun, and everyone seemed to enjoy it!
After our play, we showed off our cocktail dresses, and I  have to say that I am very proud of mine. I don't have a picture of the full dress yet, but I will try to get some soon. In the meantime, here is part of the dress:
Me and my friend,  Xiaodan!
Overall, it was a great way to have a goodbye party with everyone.

For the rest of the week, Nicole and I are just going to finish up our plans for the trip we start on Thursday. Our friend, Elly, is going to be joining us in Madrid and Barcelona, and I know it's going to be a lot of fun. Now that everyone has started to leave, I am really getting antsy about starting to travel! I can't wait!

I hope everyone had a great Mother's Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment